[time-nuts] 1PPS users?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Dec 18 20:54:02 EST 2016

For amateur use, PPS comparison requires less equipment and can be more
accurate than trying to measure RF rates like 10 MHz.

When comparing two PPS signals, phase slips are very infrequent so you
can observe drift rate over minutes/hours/days with an oscilloscope or
simple time interval counter to get much better resolution than most
frequency counters can provide.  (Of course, a GPS works as well for
this as a GPSDO, albeit with more short term jitter.)

John
----