[time-nuts] 1PPS users?

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:22:35 EST 2016

Part of the reason 1PPS needs to be so clean is because you are
continuously integrating phase noise of the LO (hopefully an OCXO). While
10 uS is pretty trivial off a gps receiver. Without gps, 10 us over 24 hrs
with a plane jane AT-cut crystal subject environmental dynamics becomes
ludicrous. More than likely the short term stability of GPSDO is cleaner
than it needs to be for many applications, but that is so holdover over an
hour or day remains reasonable.