[time-nuts] 1PPS users?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 07:24:03 EST 2016

You know, there's a reason this list is called "time-nuts" and not
"frequency-nuts" :-).

But sometimes I wonder if "phase-nuts" might be a better term.

It is so incredibly useful to put your best 1 PPS into a scope and use that
to watch for systemic effects on your second-best clock. That's why we then
end up with a third, fourth, fifth, etc. clock :-)

So many newcomer GPSDO makers seem to just do frequency lock but rarely do
they or their users know the difference.

At same time there are so many non-ntpd NTP implementations that just jump
instead of slew the clock.

Tim N3QE