[time-nuts] Could computers represent the timestamp differently?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 23 14:19:50 EST 2016

Peter,

There is so many ways to solve this, and most of them have already been
discussed and nothing really happend.

Letting the time-stamp represent time in TAI and do UTC as presentation
is less intrusive way of achieving the same thing. Yet, it has not
happen. Essentially will the POSIX standard have to be amended but they
have been trying to avoid leap-second handling for decades. There is
even an email-list for discussion of this, see the leapsecond email list.

God Jul, Gott Nytt År och Glad Skott-sekund!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Leap-second!

Cheers,
Magnus