[time-nuts] New book out "Pinpoint..." by Greg Milner

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 26 17:22:58 EST 2016

Pinpoint, How GPS is Changing, Technology, Culture, and Our Minds

Lots of talk about timing, and precision, etc.  Mentions of the Gran
Sasso experiments, etc. Not much about the mechanics of how PN ranging
works or how you make a quiet oscillator, but a lot about what it buys you.

A couple small typos (e.g., 1 microsecond is not 200 miles.. that's 1
millisecond),but a fairly well researched book, with lots of interesting
stuff (most of which we've discussed on Time-Nuts)..