[time-nuts] GPS jumps of -13.7 us?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 2 14:25:21 EST 2016

David,

On 02/02/2016 04:23 PM, David J Taylor wrote:
> Appears to have caused a disruption to the UK digital radio distribution
> network:
>
>   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35463347

Thanks for that one. It is typical for installations like that to be
affected. It's not the only broadcast network affected, I know of several.

I doubt much more will be said beyond the press release in any time soon.

Hopefully there will be a more detailed report, and if so, I would not
expect it to surface until maybe a few months on the earliest, but 6-12
months is maybe a little more realistic.

There is ways to make receivers more robust to this and a number of
similar data-errors. It will be interesting to see what GPS vendors do
to make their receivers more robust. It would be useful if there where a
standard set of improvements, as this would allow "checkboxing" that
help operators to get the right gear.

Cheers,
Magnus