[time-nuts] Looking for Z3801 OCXO

ed breya eb at telight.com
Fri Feb 5 13:45:35 EST 2016

You may have seen this before, but there is a nice writeup on how to
disassemble the whole thing, with pictures and all.

http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS-oven-journey.htm

I had to take mine apart quite a few years ago to replace the opamp in
the inner oven temperature regulator circuit. If your problem is just
adjustment, you don't even have to open the inner oven.

BTW as I recall, the ovens are sequenced, to reduce power at turn-on. I
forget the order, but one (probably inner) has to be up and running
close to setpoint, before the other is activated.

Ed