[time-nuts] Z3801 Update with VP-Oncore 8Ch receiver

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 7 18:17:30 EST 2016

Hi

On most of these 6 to 8 or 12 conversions, the original firmware (if it works) simply ignores the status
line after the first 6 data fields. The only way to get the added data is to hack in and capture the stream
out of the GPS module yourself. That can be done on some of the KS boxes, but not on the normal i/o
channels. There does not seem to be a way to do it on the older Z series parts without adding wires and
connectors.

Bob