[time-nuts] Seeking HP 3561A schematic diagrams

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Fri Feb 12 14:28:05 EST 2016

I'm helping a colleague resurrect a hard-luck HP 3048A phase noise
measurement system.  In particular, he asked me to help get the 3561A
dynamic signal analyzer working again.  I downloaded Volume 1 of the
service manual from Keysight, which contains Sections I through VI
but does not contain Section VII (schematics and service
information).  I suspect that Section VII is Volume 2 of the manual,
but do not know for sure.

So far, I have been unable to find downloadable schematics.  Does
anyone have a PDF of Section VII, or know where one is available to
download?  Failing that, does someone have a hard copy they are
willing to scan or copy?  (Because of the basket-case nature of the
instrument, my friend does not want to pay real money for
documentation until we have some assurance that we will be able to
get it going.  He is willing to pay reasonable copying costs to
someone who is not in it for profit, if we cannot find a free download.)

(I'm not sure if there are any hardware differences between "regular"
3561As and the ones supplied as part of the 3048A system.  I'm pretty
sure the faults [at least the major ones] lie in the basic hardware,
so I don't think we need schematics particular to the 3048A if there
are differences.)

Thank you,

Charles