[time-nuts] HP Reliability

Wes (N7WS) wes at triconet.org
Sun Feb 14 19:48:16 EST 2016

I was never with HP but I bought (using Hughes Aircraft and US government money)
megabucks worth of HP Instruments.  The whole facility bought millions more.
The local Tucson HP sales office had a salesman assigned just to Hughes. They
showered us with catalogs, app notes, training programs, seminars and I even
traveled a few times to attend programs elsewhere.  We paid for our own airfare
and hotel, but breakfasts, lunches, dinners, girly shows, etc were on HP.  In
discussing travel expense reporting with the rep, unlike Hughes where every
penny had to be accounted for, he said his reporting consisted of counting the
money in his wallet when he left and counting it again when he got back.  The
difference was his expense.

Wes  N7WS