[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Feb 16 21:27:27 EST 2016

Hi

The 260’s that I have seen from inside the USA have been pretty good (not perfect, but
certainly not dead). Most of the issues have been quibbles. Phase noise not quite in spec.
ADEV not quite as good as it might have been.

Everything I have seen so far from China (260 or not) has been very hit or
miss. Stuff that is called “scrap for parts only” (like a pile of 10 Rb’s I have here) may turn
up more working parts than something labeled “great / tested / buy now / first best great
product (a direct quote)“. I have tried the “buy a few and then go back” approach. There
has been little correlation between what I got the second time and what came in first. My
conclusion (often stated) is that the salvage process over there is pretty brutal.

Bob