[time-nuts] HP Z3801A GPSDO excess to my needs

Mike Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Wed Feb 17 00:25:16 EST 2016

Hello, Time-nutters--

I have an HP Z3801A GPS receiver that I used the 10 MHz output
from to phase-lock my Tek-494 spec-analyzer and HP 8714 VNA to.
It worked well, but then I discovered how neat the Lady Heather
program showed off the functions of a Trimble T-bolt and switched
over to one of those.  The Z3801A has been sitting unused on a shelf in
my workshop for at least 2 years and I am trying to free up some
shelf space.

Is anyone on the Time-Nuts list interested in this unit for $100 plus
$10 USPS shipping costs?    If not, I will list it on eBay for $150 plus
$10 shipping.

I have forgotten what software program I used to display & control
the Z3801A functions with.   I believe it was "GPSCon Pro" found
at this URL:

http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm
*****************************

Instead of connecting the Z3801A to an external 28 VDC supply
I installed a 28 VDC power supply internally.  Photos of the
unit can be seen here in my DropBox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8heuqaamusugd68/IMG_0443.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e27erk5zw671v3/IMG_0447.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a9k080qt8skxeo/IMG_0449.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f764smp1jkrira/IMG_0451.JPG?dl=0