[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

Andrea Baldoni erm1eaae7 at ermione.com
Wed Feb 17 05:16:47 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 07:58:21PM -0500, timenut at metachaos.net wrote:

> I just received a 5Mhz OCXO from eBay (MTI 260-0624-D OCXO). After testing it,
> it is clear that it is defective.
>
>    1. It never heats up.
>    2. The reference voltage is zero.
>    3. Only noise is seen on the output pin.

I had the same issue with some of them. It's very likely that the internal
solder connections from pins to PCB are broken, at least, the one for power.
It happens because the inner oven is heavy and there isn't any thermal
insulator (besides air) to keep it from moving.

Wheter the crystal has been damaged or not, it's unknown. I had one where the
crystal actually fell off from its supports too.

I posted a link to photos of the internals, time ago. The link is dead now
and I don't think to have the photos anymore but perhaps someone downloaded
them.

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni