[time-nuts] Serial-Ethernet

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Thu Feb 25 00:01:10 EST 2016

I just thought I'd report about a serial to Ethernet interface I just
bought. I got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATV2DX2

At the moment it is hooked up to my Z3801A and I am using Z38XX.exe
from across the network. Using the included software and driver, I
have the RS232 port mapped to COM 7 on my local PC.

I bought this particular model not only because of price, but because
it also does RS422. I will test this capability with my Lucent GPSDO
with the RS422 ports. If it works, I'll order another one just for the
Lucent.

Joe Gray
W5JG