[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:03:57 EST 2016

This turned out to be an easy way to run Lady Heather itself (herself ?) on
Linux - it works well under Wine, but identifying the serial port is a
problem. But run Heather with '/ip=localhost' and ser2net to connect to the
USB serial port and all is smooth.

I used the ser2net config line

45000:raw:0:/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Generic_USB_to_Serial_Converter_OCB6T5Y1-if00-port0:9600
8DATABITS ODD 1STOPBIT LOCAL

to identify a specific ftdi converter connected to a Trimble Resolution T
rather than a thunderbolt (it requires 8 / odd / 1)