[time-nuts] Generating a solid PPS from 10Mhz source

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 14 18:44:00 EST 2016

Am I missing something here?

I understand the ease and fun of programming up an AVR as much as anyone but
surely this task could be accomplished  easily with a chain of fast
synchronous TTL or CMOS dividers. A resynchronising FF could also be added
at the end to  clean up the 1 pps if required. You wouldn't need to worry
about the maths or OBOBs either.

Admittedly you would need more PCB real estate but that shouldn't be a big
deal in most cases.

Morris