[time-nuts] HP 5372A troubleshooting

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Fri Jan 29 16:58:13 EST 2016

Morris,

you might want to download the 5371A service manuals which contain
schematics.
The 5372A being an 'upgraded' version of the 5371A, most of its parts
are identical.
Look for 05371-90018 (Vol.1) and 05371-90034 (Vol.2).
They should be available at www.keysight.com
The scan quality is surprisingly good.

The A10 regulator board is in Vol.2 on p. 7I-9.
The -15 are generated out of the unregulated +25V by a switch mode
regulator, so there should be much less (40kHz switch frequency) ripple
than described.
Otherwise the obvious electrolytics are to be suspected (in particular
C17, but also C7, C24).

Regards,
Adrian