[time-nuts] Valpey-Fisher VFT22H OCXO Output

Logan Cummings logan.cummings at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:19:22 EST 2016

Hi All,

     Curious what could give this waveform (attached) - I presume this is
not correct output for this oscillator (surplus/salvage from Harris
Constellation receiver).

     Frequency looks OK with +2V EFC but output looks like neither sine nor
any CMOS I've seen into 10Mohm (first capture, scope probe alone) or 50ohm
(50ohm term at SMA connector, probed by same scope probe) .

     What gives? If I open up the can, what am I looking to possibly
replace/eliminate? How to open it? It's soldered shut (2x2in case).

     I need a good low-noise 100MHz sine wave for my application so I'm
tempted to open this guy up and replace the output circuitry with something
more suitable.

    Thanks in advance for any pointers/info on these units!
-Logan