[time-nuts] python or matlab/octave for Keysight instruments?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jul 2 12:56:57 EDT 2016

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:09:49 -0700
jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Is PyVISA reasonably easy to work with, or is it one of those "once
> you've spent 6 weeks recompiling the kernel and finding all the
> libraries from 4 different sources, it works great"..

About half a year ago, I tried to do some measurement using an HP E5810
as interface. I tried several of the libs that are around, but none
really worked for me. The one library that worked out of the box and
got me some data was https://github.com/applied-optics/vxi11
I just hacked some C code together (I'm more familiar with C than python)
but there is also a python wrapper.

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.