[time-nuts] Switching transistors, current sources, nonidealties and noise

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jul 2 13:04:29 EDT 2016

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 15:45:36 -0400
Scott Stobbe <scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you need higher output resistance you will have to move to a FET based
> approach. If you need less than 1 pF of output capacitance you will need a
> better transistor and care in how you physically construct your circuit.

I do not think that the output resistance is really the limiting effect
here, but rather the speed at which the transistor reacts, ie its f_t.
But I have to admit that I have not fully understood the circuits
behaviour yet. I still lack good understanding of how a transistor
behaves under high frequency conditions :-/

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.