[time-nuts] Visiting Greenwich

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:42:14 EDT 2016

I was lucky. About ten years ago when visiting I turned up to the Greenwich
Observatory and walked around the corner to see the Harrison clocks.

I didn't know they were there. I didn't know they were anywhere.

I'd read the book, seen the doco, but for some reason assumed they weren't
around any more.

To get a surprise and see them *working* was a great moment in my life.

As David Gilmour once said, "I've never had the pleasure of hearing Dark
Side of the Moon for the first time", well I got the surprise of seeing the
working Harrison clocks - and not knowing it was coming.

Brilliant!

Jim Palfreyman