[time-nuts] The home time-lab

Wes wes at triconet.org
Fri Jul 8 12:53:20 EDT 2016

I have for years powered much of my ham station with a 90AH SLA maintained with
a homemade "smart" charger. I used an analog Astron 35A power supply (RS-35M)
for its raw DC and series pass transistors with its regulator board replaced
with a (now obsolete) AA Engineering smart charger board.  This used a uC3906 IC
for control.  Capacity wise this was actually overkill for my application as the
charger could supply the total load.

Although many years ago I worked for the founders of Iota Engineering I have no
interest in the company other than as a satisfied customer.  That said, if
someone wants to pursue something similar I can recommend their power supplies
with their "smart charger" modules.  (http://iotaengineering.com/power.htm)