[time-nuts] The home time-lab

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Fri Jul 8 14:18:31 EDT 2016

I also have had good results with various APC UPS systems.

I typically have to replace the batteries in my UPS's and my stand alone backup batteries every 5 to 7 years or so.   Units such as the HP105B and FTS1050 that feature backup DC power inputs simplify the provision of long term backup power in my experience.

Last summer we had a two day power outage when I was away (so my generator sitting in the garage was of no use.)  My 100 amp hour battery system kept my HP105B and FTS1050 running while everything else lost power.  On occasion I've run my BVA from the battery system as well.   Using my HP5370's I've never been able to detect a difference in performance of my OCXO's running on battery power vs AC line power (or DC supplied from an HP linear supply in the case of the BVA.)

All the best
Mark Spencer

Sent from my iPhone