[time-nuts] GPS disciplined Mars clock

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 10:37:24 EDT 2016

On 7/8/16 11:58 PM, Mark Sims wrote:
> To appease our new (hopefully) benevolent Martian overlords,  Lady Heather can now work in Mars time...   and I have it running right now while connected to a Jupiter timing receiver.

Now that Juno is getting ready to peer beneath Jupiter's clouds
(there's a really great poster, probably a one-off, with an image of
Jupiter and a zipper), maybe we should be worrying about our Jovian
overlords.

Juno doesn't carry a USO, but it does have coherent turnaround
transponders for X and Ka band which have pretty good Allan Deviation
performance:  less than 1E-15 added deviation over 1000 seconds.