[time-nuts] OXCO Spurious Output at Line Frequencies

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jul 12 20:24:04 EDT 2016

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> All of those motors in the building are rotating at line frequency. You
> don’t just have an  electromagnetic field. You can have an acoustic /
> vibration field as well. Probably not a big  deal, but it’s there ….

Most of the medium sized motors run at slightly below line rate, and often at
half of line rate.  I'm thinking of the classic squirrel cage induction motor
vs a synchronous motor.  A quick google search found 1725 and 1750 RPM.

Is it possible to measure things accurately enough to notice that?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.