[time-nuts] HP5370 power supply measurements

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:49:59 EDT 2016

I have replaced the fans in all my 5370's with quiet 12V  (150-250 mA) brushless DC fans running off of the 10V rail.   I placed themocouples around the inside of the unit and compared before and after temperatures and found no significant differences.  I have used several different models of fans... whatever the local surplus store had at the time.

I also replaced the fans in my HP16500 logic analyzers  (aka pizza ovens)  with much quieter fans.