[time-nuts] HP5370 power supply measurements

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Jul 15 10:06:44 EDT 2016

It is important to remember that the fans specified in
most of this equipment are sized so that the instrument
can operate safely, in a rack full of equipment, at the
maximum temperature rating for the instrument.

If you plan to run at a comfortable room temperature,
you can usually get by with a much smaller fan.

It might be nice to leave a label somewhere that says
what you did, so the next owner won't be unpleasantly
surprised by it failing in his desert tent.

-Chuck Harris