[time-nuts] GPS message jitter (was GPS for Nixie Clock)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:23:50 EDT 2016

Heather's gotta work with XP (and maybe Win98)...  too many people (including me) run it on old trashy laptops, so no fancy pants new fangled Windoze calls allowed...

In the past I've avoided the use of QueryPerformanceCounter due to potential issues with AMD processors, multi-core processors and multi-processor systems,  inaccurate/invalid reported CPU clock frequency (TSC tick count divisor) values,  variable clock rate systems, etc.   I'm now back to using it, but have added an option for switching back to GetTickCount() and it's 16 msec granularity.  I'm getting very good results so far.