[time-nuts] GPS message jitter (was GPS for Nixie Clock)

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:44:19 EDT 2016

Well, I suppose in the case of USB, the host hardware (consumer PC) is not
going to have any special hardware. But, if a gps receiver implements a USB
interface, in addition to standard NEMA data, it could also report the
phase and frequency error of your USB clock (since it has to recover it
anyways to get the usb data).

I don't have the answer here, but usb-audio ICs suffer similar problems in
clock distribution. The gist of it seems to be locking on the hosts SOF
packets. PROGRAMMABLE CLOCK GENERATION AND SYNCHRONIZATION FOR USB AUDIO
SYSTEMS <http://www.cypress.com/file/122521/download>