[time-nuts] GPS message jitter (preliminary results)

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:15:30 EDT 2016

Yes, I know about those.  I think the ubloc line has a version that
does this but it is made for the automotive roadmap type display.

I think the way to learn is to jump in and make one.  Start by
re-implementing an example filter then go the next step and the next.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of the newer GPS modules can accept "dead reckoning"  data from external sensors and integrate that into their location solutions.  The receiver does all the Kalman filtering foo for you.  Also you can get receivers with up to 50Hz position updates (you have to run the com link at very high speeds to accommodate all the data that they send).   This well help minimize the "staleness" of the GPS fix versus true position.
>
> Also you can now get affordable real-time kinematic receivers that will give you your location relative to another receiver with centimeter accuracy.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California