[time-nuts] The home time-lab

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jul 25 09:55:18 EDT 2016

If you go back far enough in time …. there is another alternative:

       Big rectifier bank, turning AC into DC, often off of multiple phases or sources.

       Big DC motor running into a fairly large flywheel.

       AC generator (or in some cases DC generators) running off of the shaft

       A tuning fork (yes state of the art timing) based control on the AC output frequency

       A saturated reactor control loop on the generator side, same thing on the motor side.

Wonderfull stuff. State of the art UPS for your shipboard computer in 1962. Ear muffs anyone?