[time-nuts] [LEAPSECS] Leap second to be introduced at midnight UTC December 31 this year

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:09:15 EDT 2016

I'd be interested to know how 10ns less latency is useful. AFAIK, a high
speed trading system consists of multiple processing nodes, which certainly
could have a 10ns accurate time reference eg via PTP, but latency and
jitter would limit time stamping of transactions to the microsecond level.
Unless of course, the critical bits are all running on dedicated hardware.

Cheers
Michael