[time-nuts] Ublox Neo-6M time error.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 05:54:26 EDT 2016

From: Mark Sims
[]
It looks like Ublox is sending the time message AFTER the 1PPS pulse ("at
the beep, the time was...") , and just about everybody else sends it before
the pulse ("at the beep, the time is ...") ... Bastards!  I wonder about the
thought (or lack of it) process that decided that was the way to do it.  And
don't get me started on the idiot receivers that send the sawtooth
correction message after the fact...
[]

I think that all the GPS devices I've used sent the time /after/ the PPS
pulse.  I've never met one which sent it before.

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv