[time-nuts] Divide by 3

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Wed Jun 8 19:19:51 EDT 2016

There’s a link to the blog posting (not mine) that has the schematic on the OSHPark shared project.

The schematic there isn’t *totally* obvious - the square boxes that are otherwise unlabeled are D flip-flops with D on the left and Q on the right. I’ve simulated the circuit at CircuitLab and gotten the correct behavior, for what that’s worth.

You’re correct that multiple instances of this circuit fed from the same source would not be in phase. That’s ok with me. I’m just going to build one.

I don’t know if I’ll actually put it into service or not. I have lots of different references at my disposal for the 53220A, and at this point my thinking is that all of them are going to be a tie given this TIA’s specs.

Someone else mentioned sine vs square for the 53220A reference input. I’ve fed square waves into this TIA with no indication that it hasn’t worked just as well as sine, but I don’t have any assurance beyond that.