[time-nuts] One sure way to kill your FE-5680A or FE-5650A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jun 9 13:11:07 EDT 2016

Hi

Their design is hardly unique in not having a dedicated supervisory part in it.
There are a *lot* of designs that work very well using basically the same
parts they use, without using a reset chip.

Without a lot of digging into exactly what is going on, there isn’t much of a
way to be sure of a fix.

One very real possibility is: The reason we *have* all these parts is that they
have a bug in them, and were scrapped out  because of it.

Bob