[time-nuts] HF frequency counting receiver

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Jun 20 14:18:39 EDT 2016

To echo the point that Jim Lux made in another post...

I'm not sure how those of us who live an appreciable distance from the transmitters can expect to get mili hertz accuracy  in light of the HF Doppler shift over long distance paths with restorting to tactics such as simultaneously monitoring another transmitter that has a precisely known frequency and is located near the target transmitter to determine what the Doppler shift is at a given point of time.   (I'm not 100 percent sure this approach would work but it seems viable to me at first glance.)

I've spent some quality time monitoring WWV, and have read various papers and I am quite convinced that HF Doppler shift is a real issue at times.

All the best
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone