[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Fri Jun 24 08:47:41 EDT 2016

> I’ve been doing SMT assembly for 40 years. I have never ever seen anybody with a process
> that “just worked”. They all involve some amount of fine tuning and design optimization.

Hi,

Yep, The amount of tweaking required to get a good board build can be
extensive. Part density, ground plane, part sizes, solder type, solder
age, stencil design, board finish, and SMT pad design all add up. Tweaks
in the oven and stencil can be required to make it work.
It's the tweaking it that can get expensive fast...

Dan