[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Fri Jun 24 09:56:55 EDT 2016

On 6/23/2016 10:53 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
>> Am I missing some obvious cheapie oven without these types of problems?
>
> A lot of people are building them from Black and Decker (and the like)
> toaster ovens.  Use Arduino for controller or just eyeballs. oven
> thermometer and wrist watch.    It is not rocket science the Arduino
> controller software reads a thermocouple and controls an on/off relay.
> Lots of instructions around if you google for reflow toaster oven.
I'm using a
PicoReflow.https://apollo.open-resource.org/mission:resources:picoreflow
It's Raspberry Pi based, so the board cost is about the same as an
Arduino, but I use my tablet as the user interface AND tweaking profile
is trivial unlike most of the Arduino based stuff. The system uses an
internal web server and can be connected to a local monitor, or a web
interface. All the control logic is in Python. I used the tablet browser
and I don't need to stand next to it to monitor operation. This is
particularly handy when I'm baking out parts.  I hand wired the
interface board (trivial I/O) and used a purchase MAX31855 based board
for another $20 from
http://www.playingwithfusion.com/productview.php?pdid=19&catid=1001
(love the site name)

mailto:oz at ozindfw.net