[time-nuts] Inside a CTS 1960017 OCXO

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Tue Mar 1 10:09:43 EST 2016

sometimes high frequency oscillators could get in certain mode of
operation the "blocking oscillation" see here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_oscillator, also it could happen,
that the high frequency oscillation does not stops entirely, just
undergoes an amplitude fluctuation, that could cause side bands on both
side of the carrier. Blocking oscillation could happen because of to
strong positive feedback -- due to design error or component error. The
dumping of that product on e-Bay also could be a sign of a to late
recognized error
73
KJ6UHN