[time-nuts] Downsizing - Which GPSDO To Keep?

Jerry jsternmd at att.net
Thu Mar 3 19:41:05 EST 2016

I have been a wannabe Time Nut for several years but work has kept me
chained.  I started collecting different GPSDO's over the years thinking I
would play with all of them once I retired.  Now as I approach that
crossroad, I find I have to downsize and some things need to go.  Could
someone help me rank the following to decide on the top two to keep?  All
are in great shape and work fine - I had the Thunderbolt and Lady Heather
going for the past few years with my ham radio gear and as an external
source for my workbench.  I also had the Lucent pair working fine with some
software I came across (and shared with some on this reflector.

Thunderbolt

Samsung GCRU-002

Lucent RFTGm-II-XO and RFTGM-II-Rb pair

GPSR-A (with HP hockey puck 10Mhz Osc)