[time-nuts] Positioning Accuracy - Lady Heather vs. T-Bolt Monitor

johncroos johncroos at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 14:51:15 EST 2016

Hello Time Nuts -My question is --- both LH and T-Bolt Mon will readout position during andat the conclusion of a self survey.The readout from LH provides 2 additional digits of resolution compared to T-bolt Monitor.That is LH provides 7 digits of Lat or Lon to the right of the decimal point; T-bolt Mon provides 5.Now with the understanding that one needs to set a relatively high elevation andamplitude masks to eliminate all but robust signals, and that one must take a lotof samples (48,000 or more) --- Has anyone verified the utility of those extra two digits?By utility I mean - is the 6th decimal place accurate assuming the above constraints.I am trying to nail a position in Longitude to 2 feet or less at a Latitude of 38 degrees N.I have lots of time to take lots of survey points so that is not an issue.Best regards   - John k6iql