[time-nuts] A Very Interesting "Plock"

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:21:28 EST 2016

Locally, I am regularly enthralled by the Glen Echo Wurlizer 165 Band Organ
(a different unit but a good video showing how it is driven by multiple
parallel paper tapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMj6duvFJ4o )

But the digit writing of this clock is captivating, and brings to mind some
electronic character generators of the past century. Here's some details
about how Lincoln Labs used Fourier series to make arbitrary waveforms for
generating display characters on a X-Y CRT:
http://www.nixiebunny.com/crtgen/crtgen.html

Tim N3QE