[time-nuts] Antenna mounting location

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:05:42 EST 2016

I'd worry a little about muiltipath when a satellite is in the exact
"wrong" place in the sky.  But on the other hand the awning is below the
horizon as seen from your antenna's location.   You could improve the
situation a lot by using a taller mast.  Can't you another section of pipe
and get it way above the awning?    As long as you are a few feet (not
inches) above I think it's OK but it is so easy to make a pipe longer

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Steve <steve65 at suddenlink.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a Trimble Bullet GPS antenna. Is the performance of those antennas
> affected if they are mounted adjacent to an aluminum awning? The awning is
> about 8ft X 15ft. The antenna would be a few inches to a few feet above the
> awning. My first thought is that the antenna performance would not be
> affected by the awning but thought I'd ask before moving ahead with it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve, K8JQ

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California