[time-nuts] BG7TBL GPS Disciplined Source

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Sun Mar 13 23:47:58 EDT 2016

Hello to the group. I am a new member and 1st wanted to say hello. I
also wanted to say that I have been reading, with great interest, most
of the posts here for the last 2-3 weeks.  I must say, I am quite
ignorant of the majority of the information & terms being passed back
and forth so this is a neat learning experience for me. I am a retired
EE (had a prior life in the TEMPEST community for over 30 years) and I
am slowly assembling my collection of test equipment here at home,
purely for fun.

This is where I really embarrass myself.....sometime ago I purchased an
inexpensive 10 MHz GPS based reference source (BG7TBL GPS Disciplined
Source) for my various counters, transceivers, spectrum analyzers, etc
and was wondering if it was a good purchase and if anyone else used a
similar unit.  I guess in the end I am curious to know what the short &
long term accuracy and stability of my unit may be?  I no longer have
access to any accurate (known) frequency sources like I did while
employed and I do not think I have the equipment here at home to measure
my unit myself.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....