[time-nuts] Conditioning Rubidium Oscillators

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 14 23:18:36 EDT 2016

elfchief-timenuts at lupine.org said:
> Are there currently any decent (intended (or at least usable) for
> timekeeping) GPSs that support using L2/L5 for this purpose? Google is
> turning up lots of nothing, for me...

I don't know of any.  I'm somewhat sure that they don't exist or maybe they
are hidden in the military sector.

Tom Clark and Rick Hambly work on timing for VLBI.  They run a yearly
workshop on timing.  Their slides are available on the web.  They use low
cost L1 gear.  I'm sure they would use something better if it were available
commercially.  They are starting with Hydrogen Masers so cost cutting on the
GPS receiver would not be a problem.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.