[time-nuts] Ebay GPSDO for the price of shipping.

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Tue Mar 15 19:43:27 EDT 2016

I got one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trimble-GPS-Receiver-GPSDO-10MHz-1PPS-GPS-Disciplined-Clock-with-rs232-port-/252162780444

but the PPS output is bad.  Funny becaue the PPS LED is working just fine.
The 10MHz looks okay (the counter says 10MHz with a Fury ext-in).  This
unit emits a selection of UBX messages which while not impossible to decode
is bit harder than just looking for "GGA" and plucking out two fields
should you want to continuously monitor the GPS.  UCenter works just fine
but the GPS, as shipped, is read-only.

Like last time you send me a prepaid shipping label (for a US address)
suitable for a USPS flat rate medium sized box  (~$13.45) and I send the
GPSDO (to a US address).

Notable points:
0) The seller gave me a refund but said keep the GPSDO.  Economics at work.
1) It does not come with a power supply (12V,2A) or antenna.
2) It does come with three SMA to BNC adapters.
3) The 1PPS doesn't work (DB9 or SMA). It will light a random LED.  Barely.
4) I have too much of this stuff lying about and trying to fix one is of no
value to me.

Please contact me OFF list if you're interested.