[time-nuts] Ebay GPSDO for the price of shipping.

Vlad time at patoka.org
Tue Mar 15 23:46:33 EDT 2016

I always wandering about that "amoj" logo. Some time ago I got
Oscilloquarz 8663 OCXO soldered to PCB with this logo. It has two sinus
and two square outputs, basic power supply and trimmer to change the
frequency. I could be wrong, but my impression is: the company creating
useful items using some salvaged parts.

Regards,
Vlad

On 2016-03-15 19:43, Paul wrote:
> I got one of these:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trimble-GPS-Receiver-GPSDO-10MHz-1PPS-GPS-Disciplined-Clock-with-rs232-port-/252162780444
>
> but the PPS output is bad.  Funny becaue the PPS LED is working just
> fine.
> The 10MHz looks okay (the counter says 10MHz with a Fury ext-in).  This
> unit emits a selection of UBX messages which while not impossible to
> decode
> is bit harder than just looking for "GGA" and plucking out two fields
> should you want to continuously monitor the GPS.  UCenter works just
> fine
> but the GPS, as shipped, is read-only.
>
> Like last time you send me a prepaid shipping label (for a US address)
> suitable for a USPS flat rate medium sized box  (~$13.45) and I send
> the
> GPSDO (to a US address).
>
> Notable points:
> 0) The seller gave me a refund but said keep the GPSDO.  Economics at
> work.
> 1) It does not come with a power supply (12V,2A) or antenna.
> 2) It does come with three SMA to BNC adapters.
> 3) The 1PPS doesn't work (DB9 or SMA). It will light a random LED.
> Barely.
> 4) I have too much of this stuff lying about and trying to fix one is
> of no
> value to me.
>
> Please contact me OFF list if you're interested.

WBW,

V.P.