[time-nuts] Framework for simulation of oscillators

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 17 05:56:19 EDT 2016

Moin,

Measurement we recently did showed some quite unexpected behaviour
and I am trying to figure out where this comes from. For this
I would like to simulate our system, which consists of multiple
crystal oscillators that are coupled in a non-linear way (kind of
a vector-PLL with a step transfer function) with a "loop bandwidth"
of a few 10kHz.

My goal is to simulate the noise properties of the crystal oscillators
both short term (in the 10us range) and long term (several 1000 seconds)
in a way that models reality closely (ie short term instability is uncorrelated
while long term instability is correlated through temp/humidity/...)

As I am pretty sure not the first one to attempt something like this,
I would like to ask whether someone has already some software framework
around for this kind of simulation?

If not, does someone have pointers how to write realistic oscillator models
for this kind of short and long term simulation?

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.