[time-nuts] How to run Lady Heather under Windows10

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Mar 17 06:41:28 EDT 2016

On 3/17/2016 5:34 AM, Neville Michie wrote:
> Hi,
> a new laptop and a new problem,
> I can not find COM1, and the slash command
> on Lady Heather provokes a response that spaces and slash
> marks are illegal in file names.
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> Neville Michie

NEville

Thoughts

1)Get rid of WIN10 ...and instal WIN7 on the new laptop

2) Are you running a USB to COM port adapter? Could be a WIN 10 driver
problem

3) as far as I know Windows in any version wont allow SLASH in a file
name. I am not familiar with Lady Heather so I do not understand the use
of "file name" and "send command" in the same sentence in this context?
IS the file name embedded in the command?

I am so fed up with WIN 10 that I may finally breakdown and go through
the learning curve on LINUX

--
Dave
Manuals at ArtekManuals.com