[time-nuts] Update on Oncores that can be used in Z3801A

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Fri Mar 18 13:20:42 EDT 2016

My 'evaluator' (thanks Dave) has seen a mechanical interference
issue with the modules with a straight antenna connector.

But other then that so far there have not been any issues.

As stated before these are pulls from NIB obsolete hand held surveying
system.

http://petelancashire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5249

They are the 8 channel vs the 6 version that was used in the Z3801A.

Like the choke ring antennas, I'm offering the first batch to time-nuts
members for cheap, $10 each + shipping.

A couple have asked what it costs to ship the whole surveying unit, I'll
find out, and take a few more pictures. There are no battery packs,
bags,etc. The best pictures are on Ebay, search for "CMT March II". BTW
since they don't have built in DGPS or equivalent, they are useless for
surveying.

With the news of the connector interference being a issue it will be
another one to two weeks before I can say they will be ready.

I update when I'm ready.

The remaining thing I need to find is shipping boxes, where is live is not
a great place to find such things in bulk at reasonable prices. I'm looking
for a box close to the size if the USPS small flat rate box or a bit
smaller. If someone knows where one can get 50-100 of them at a good
delivered (i.e. with shipping) let me know.

-pete